May 22, 2017
Per Diem/Personal Meal Allowances
- Meal allowances are paid after completion of the trip (unless a cash advance was issued) and are based upon per diem rates that vary by city location. These rates include incidental expenses (e.g., service tips, housekeeping, baggage carriers, porters, etc.).
- In general, the per diem allowance for the first and last days of travel is up to 75% of the full per diem rate.
- Travelers may be reimbursed for less than the per diem allowance with a general comment of the date and which meal (i.e. 5/11/17 B, L).
- Meal allowance is authorized for in-state (with overnight stay) or out-of-state (45 miles or more from the traveler's residence or headquarters) travel.
- Full meal allowances while on travel status will not be paid if a meal is served on the plane, included in a conference registration fee, built into the hotel room rate, or …