Blog posts by Date
July 18, 2017
The Ohio State University Travel Office is announcing that registration is open in BuckeyeLearn for the 2017 Business Travel Workshop Sessions scheduled for Tuesday, August 15 and Wednesday, August 16. Each day will include a session of the Introductory Travel Workshop and the Advanced Travel Workshop.Read More
Registration for these sessions will be open in BuckeyeLearn until Friday, August 11 at 11:59 p.m. Read more about each offering below and click the session links to register. After the August sessions, additional 2017 workshops will be held in November.
Travel Workshop (Introductory)
This two-hour travel workshop explains the basics of business travel for Ohio State; covering the Travel Policy and specific travel resources for developing a travel budget and initiating the Travel Request for Authorization. In addition, the session includes a demonstration of travel booking through the universitys preferred Travel Agency and their online booking tool for air, hotel and …
July 18, 2017
As a result of a review with the university’s Tax Compliance Office, the “Vendor License #” previously printed on PCards was removed in June 2016. The Tax Compliance Office confirmed that OSU does not have an actual tax exemption number. Moving forward, it is recommended that the State of Ohio Sales and Use Tax Blanket Exemption Certificate be used for all eligible tax-exempt purchases. If a supplier asks for a tax-exempt number, Ohio State’s employer identification number 31-6025986 can be provided. This article can be found at NewsLink online.
June 1, 2017
As 2017FY nears completion all invoices, pending approvals and match exceptions should be presented for payment or resolved by Thursday (6/15). Supplier invoices must include key details for timely processing: Invoice Number, Invoice Date, Remit to address, Valid Purchase Order Number and Invoice Total. Invoices missing key information cannot be processed and will be returned. Special Note: 2018FY invoices will not be processed until Saturday (7/1). Questions, contact the AP customer service team at 614-292-6831 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
May 22, 2017
Per Diem/Personal Meal Allowances
- Meal allowances are paid after completion of the trip (unless a cash advance was issued) and are based upon per diem rates that vary by city location. These rates include incidental expenses (e.g., service tips, housekeeping, baggage carriers, porters, etc.).
- In general, the per diem allowance for the first and last days of travel is up to 75% of the full per diem rate.
- Travelers may be reimbursed for less than the per diem allowance with a general comment of the date and which meal (i.e. 5/11/17 B, L).
- Meal allowance is authorized for in-state (with overnight stay) or out-of-state (45 miles or more from the traveler's residence or headquarters) travel.
- Full meal allowances while on travel status will not be paid if a meal is served on the plane, included in a conference registration fee, built into the hotel room rate, or …
May 22, 2017
In a continuing effort to ensure the best level of service is delivered through Ohio State's designated travel agencies, the Travel Office needs your feedback. Please visit the Travel Office Website to access the Travel Agency Feedback Form. This form allows users (travelers, arrangers and approvers) the opportunity to provide feedback about their experiences. The Travel Agency Feedback Form is a permanent part of the Travel Office Web site and can be reached by this direct link.